Parr Brown Tops in Mountain States Super Lawyers
Parr Brown Gee & Loveless (www.parrbrown.com) leads the way among Mountain States law firms with the most attorneys in the “Top 100 Mountain States Super Lawyers” and in the “Top 25 Salt Lake City Super Lawyers” lists.
The rankings are from the 2012 Mountain States Super Lawyers listing, a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. A total of 36 lawyers from the commercial law firm are recognized as Super Lawyers or Rising Stars, representing half of the firm’s attorneys and six more than were recognized last year.
“We appreciate this recognition from our peers, especially when you consider the outstanding legal community in which we practice,” said Heidi Leithead, president and shareholder with Parr Brown Gee & Loveless. “With half of our lawyers practicing fewer than 12 years, this is a testament to our commitment to hiring highly skilled attorneys, giving them opportunities to develop, and collectively working together to produce quality work.”
Mountain States Super Lawyers also recognizes attorneys with the highest number of votes in the Salt Lake City area. Parr Brown attorneys listed in the “Top 25 Salt Lake City Super Lawyers” include Robert Clark, David Gee, Jonathan Hafen, Stephen Hale and Jeffrey Hunt. These five, along with Bruce Maak and Terry Welch, are listed in the “Top 100 Mountain States Super Lawyers” which includes Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.
The 36 attorneys recognized provide services in 14 practice areas:
- Business Litigation – Super Lawyers: Daniel Barnett, Robert Clark, Jonathan Hafen, Stephen Hill, Michael Hoppe, Ronald Russell, Terry Welch; Rising Stars: Matthew Ball, Royce Covington, Kara Houck, Bryan Johansen, Clemens Landau, David Reymann
- Real Estate – Super Lawyers: David Gee, Bruce Maak, Charles Maak
- Employment & Labor – Super Lawyers: Heidi Leithead; Rising Stars: Cheylynn Hayman, Jenifer Tomchak
- Environmental – Super Lawyers: Steven Christiansen
- Energy & Natural Resources – Super Lawyers: Daniel Jensen, Clayton Parr
- Estate Planning & Probate – Super Lawyers: Kent Collins, Stephen Sargent
- Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights – Super Lawyers: Joseph Covey
- Construction Litigation – Super Lawyers: Paul Drecksel, Stephen Hale, Jeffrey Stevens; Rising Stars: Rita Cornish
- First Amendment/Media/Advertising – Super Lawyers: Jeffrey Hunt
- Securities & Corporate Finance – Super Lawyers: Brian Lloyd
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Super Lawyers: the late Scott Loveless; Rising Stars: Seth King
- Tax – Rising Stars: Michael Black
- Eminent Domain – Rising Stars: Justin Matkin
- General Litigation – Rising Stars: Robyn Wicks
Rankings are scored and compiled by a research team at Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters service. Attorneys are given a composite score based on a region-wide survey of lawyers, independent evaluation by attorney-led research staff, a peer review by practice area and a good-standing check. Rising Stars are either 40 years old or younger or have been in practice for ten years or less.