Brian Lloyd is a member of the firm’s business transactions group, specializing in corporate and securities law. His experience includes advising public and private companies, as well as investors, on formation, securities regulation, mergers, acquisitions, corporate governance and financing transactions, including public offering, venture capital and private equity transactions. He has represented a number of Utah’s leading publicly-held companies, counseling them on financing transactions, corporate governance issues and regulatory matters.
Mr. Lloyd is regularly recognized by legal peers as one of the top lawyers in Utah. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2007-2013. He has been recognized as “Lawyer of the Year” in Corporate Law (2010), Securities (2011), Corporate Compliance (2012) and most recently Mergers & Acquisitions (2013) by Best Lawyers. Mr. Lloyd has also been recognized as one of the top corporate/mergers and acquisitions lawyers in Utah in the 2003-2012 editions of Chambers USA - America's Leading Business Lawyers. In the 2012 edition, he was described as “a very level headed guy who never gets ruffled.” In the 2011 edition, he was praised for being an “excellent negotiator and highly effective deal lawyer.” He was also listed in the 2006-2013 editions of Utah Business magazine as one of Utah’s Legal Elite in corporate law, and the 2007-2012 editions of Mountain States Super Lawyers.
Representative clients include: SkyWest, Inc., Merit Medical Systems, Inc., DW Healthcare Partners, Mindshare Technologies, Inc., Cache Valley Electric Company and Crexendo, Inc.
Publications & Presentations:
- Public and Emerging Growth Companies May be Subject to New Auditing Communication Standards Later this Year (October 2012)
- Utah Corporations Q&A: Parr Brown Addresses Key Issues on formation, foreign qualifications, mergers, anti-takeover laws, and dissolution (May 2012)
- National Association of Corporate Directors
- Board Evaluations: Corporate Performance Improves with Effective Board Self-
Assessment (November 2008)
- Director Essentials: Superior Governance in Five Easy Pieces – Directors’ Duty of
Care (November 2005)
- Utah Attorney General Economic Crimes Conference
- Securities Fraud (September 2008)
- Brigham Young University Alumni Association
- Ethical and Legal Pitfalls of Representing and Serving on Corporate Boards
- BayHill Microcap Conference
- Establishing Appropriate Corporate Governance Practices – Why Should Directors,
Officers and Shareholders be Concerned? (October 2005)
- Utah State Bar – Securities Section
- Securities Offering Reforms (November 2005)