Bentley J. Tolk is a member of the firm's Litigation Group, with an emphasis in the areas of ERISA litigation, employment litigation, intellectual property litigation, and general commercial litigation. Mr. Tolk has represented employers, third-party administrators, and insurance companies in a wide variety of ERISA and employee benefits disputes. He has also represented national and local employers in numerous employment-related lawsuits and disputes. In addition, Mr. Tolk has represented both national and local companies in connection with disputes relating to trademarks, intellectual property, and/or patents. He has broad-ranging experience in other areas of litigation.
Mr. Tolk established and hosts the ERISA Litigation Podcast. He is or has been a presenter with such organizations as the Utah State Bar, ALI-ABA, the Salt Lake Society of Human Resource Managers, and The Employers Council.
- Seminar, Social Networking: Employers Beware!, The Employers Council, December 2009
- Seminar, How To Advance Your Career By Publishing A Book, Utah State Bar, April 2007.
- Book Review, "Overcoming The 6-Minute Life," Review of Legal Resources, January 2007.
- Seminar, The Secrets of Highly Successful Practice Development in Utah, Utah State Bar, February 2007.
- "Request to arbitrate dispute over Enron insurance proceeds denied," Society for Human Resource Management, December 22, 2006.
- Seminar, Benefits From Alternative Billing & Technology, Utah State Bar, September 2006.
- Co-author, "Tread cautiously when denying ERISA claims," Employee Benefit News, June 1, 2006.
- Book Author, Overcoming The 6-Minute Life: How And Why the Legal Profession Should Free Itself From Billable Hours, 2006.